NOTICE TO ALL GTA Hockey Club Members/Hockey Event Organizers/Participants - WAIVER OF LIABILITY
ASSUMPTION OF RISK - BY AGREEING AND OR SIGNING THIS DOCUMENT YOU WILL WAIVE CERTAIN LEGAL RIGHTS,
INCLUDING THE RIGHT TO SUE - PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
PLAY AT YOUR OWN RISK, GTA HOCKEY CLUB, HOCKEY EVENT ORGANIZERS AND GAME FACILITIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURY OR INJURIES INCURRED. HOCKEY IS A PHYSICALLY DEMANDING SPORT AND YOU CAN GET HURT!
Full hockey equipment as well as CSA approved hockey helmets are mandatory and strongly recommended for all participants. GTA Hockey Club is a community pickup hockey network that provides adults (18 years of age and older) with the opportunity to search and or participate in a pre-registered game of "pick-up" hockey on a first-come, first-serve basis. Game skill level will be indicated on the game roster. Please ensure to choose the game that best suits your hockey skills and physical abilities.
A maximum of 20 participants will be allowed on the ice, not including goalies. Teams are divided between white jerseys against dark jerseys. If you have both, please bring them in the event we have an uneven number on each team. Any GAMES CANCELLATION must be completed 48 hrs prior to scheduled game. *** Select Games tab -> My Games Management *** No shows after registration are responsible for payment at next game THIS IS KNOWN AS "RULE OF 48". NO SHOWS will not be tolerated.
- SHINNY RULES IN EFFECT – COMMON SENSE APPLIES AT ALL TIMES – NO EXCEPTIONS
- Inappropriate, abusive, undesirable, dangerous or criminal behaviour will not be tolerated.
- All Pre-registered game(s) of "pick-up" hockey; please note there are no refs, no icing and no whistles.
- OFFSIDES WILL BE CALLED OUT!
- All refereed games – full hockey rules apply.
- Keep the shifts short to allow everyone to have equal ice time, usually between 1-2 minutes shifts.
- Bring your own drinks to keep hydrated during the course of the game.
Individuals displaying unacceptable behaviour or who choose not to follow the rules, on or off the ice, will be asked to leave. This includes the following violations:
- NO SLAP SHOTS (especially from the hash marks) unless on you have a clear view of the goal. COMMON SENSE APPLIES HERE… as we all go to work the next day!
- No intentional body contact
- No fighting
- Racism, sexist comments and any other sort of remarks that can be taken as offensive will NOT be tolerated.
- Be respectful to everyone on the ice, facilities and the arena staff
- We are here to have fun, learn and become well rounded player.
- Dangerous play: body checking, slashing, tripping etc.
- Abusive and/or obscene language or behaviour toward other players or organizers
- Horseplay, puck hogs, show offs will not be tolerated.
- Weapons, drugs, chewing tobacco and alcohol are strictly prohibited and are grounds for immediate removal from GTA Hockey Club
- Proof of payment must be presented prior to participation
- Any damage to the Arena property will be paid for by the individual(s) responsible. GTA HOCKEY CLUB AND HOCKEY EVENT ORGANIZERS will take no responsibility for this damage.
PLEASE NOTE: GTA HOCKEY CLUB AND HOCKEY EVENT ORGANIZERS are not responsible for any damaged/lost/stolen articles. Participate at your own risk!
I understand that participation in the sport of ice hockey will expose registrants to various risks incidental to the sport. I agree to assume these risks and I agree that in the event of injury, I will waive any and all claims against GTA Hockey Club, and its organizers, sponsors, arena facilities and/or officials of said Association.